Estonian Wooden Houses Cluster was created in order to improve the international competitiveness, raise the added value and export turnover of cluster companies through international cooperation between companies, R&D and educational institutions in the fields of joint marketing, product development and competence building.
The specific goals of Estonian Wooden Houses Cluster for the year 2016 are:
- the increase of turnover;
- the increase of export turnover;
- the increase of profitability;
- the increase of productivity;
- the increase of added value;
- the increase of the number of cluster organizations.
The leader organization of Estonian Wooden Houses Cluster is Estonian Woodhouse Association. The cluster was created by 20 organizations (including 12 companies producing wooden houses). At the moment, there are 44 organizations in the cluster (including 27 companies producing wooden houses).
Activities of the cluster in 2014-2015
- Development of Estonian Woodhouse Portal – www.woodhouse.ee – internationally visible website with moderately professional content, aimed to promote Estonian wooden houses.
- Publishing of Estonian Wooden Houses newspaper once a year.
- Providing the sector and media with communication and information about the cluster and sector activities.
- Organizing the contest “Pre-Fab House of the Year” .
- Organizing the Vocational Competition for Handcrafted Log Home Builders.
- Organizing architectural contest for students in cooperation with universities.
- Study/trade fair visits to the priority markets of cluster members.
- Air-tightness and thermovision studies.
- Study of cold bridges in wooden constructions.
- Competence enhancing events for cluster members – seminars and conferences.
Estonian Wooden Houses Cluster is supported by European Regional Development Fund through cluster development program of Enterprise Estonia in the frames of “Estonian Wooden Houses Exporters Cluster Project“.
The duration of the project`s III period: 01.09.2015-31.08.2018 (36 months)
The budget of the project`s IIIperiod: 1 001 542 eurot
The duration of the project`s II period: 01.01.2014-15.08.2015 (17,5 months)
The budget of the project`s II period: 185 474 EUR
The duration of the project`s first period: 01.07.2010-31.12.2013 (42 months)
The budget of the project first period: 344 739,43 EUR